Jesus, overhearing, shot back, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I'm here inviting the sin-sick, not the spiritually-fit."
~ Mark 2:17

Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm Still Trying to Figure It Out.

I am long on staying, I am slow to leave. Especially when it comes to you my friend.
You have taught me to slow down.
And to prop up my feet.
It's the fine art of being who I am.
And I can't figure out why you want me around.
I'm not the smartest person I have ever met.
But somehow that doesn't matter, no it never really mattered to you at all.
And at the risk of wearing out my welcome,
at the risk of self-discovery
I'll take every moment, and every minute that you'll give me.
I'm learning that the first step is gratefulness, and that forgiveness follows.
Yes, I'm still learning.
But, I'll settle for a coffee in Europe.
I appreciate the past but I wouldn't go back to it for anything.
He would walk to the edge of the ocean just to fill my jar with sand, just because I got the notion to let it run through my hands.
He is the shore, when I am lost at sea, he's the only thing that I like about me.

Constant calm to my constant storm.
"I'm thirty-seven, I'm not old."
Secrets are an odd thing, intangible and yet most heavily guarded.
I try to hear the truth, but the lies are very loud. I'm still learning.
And at the risk of wearing out my welcome, at the risk of self-discovery.
I'll take every moment
And every minute that you'll give me.
So here's to the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment