I understand that many people are glad that Osama is dead. However I feel that we are committing a serious wrong by celebrating his killing. We can celebrate the fact that an evil man was stopped. We can celebrate the fact that many people may now feel at peace. But if we celebrate the fact that Osama has been killed we are no better than him or his followers. When another human being acts inhumanly that strips him of many things, but it does not strip him of his humanness. I believe that it is deeply wrong to claim that Osama's killing should be rejoiced. People do evil things, all people. Have you not been a murderer in your own heart? Osama's life was wasted on evil and hate and should be mourned as such. I will not celebrate it, I will not rejoice in it. I will rejoice in the work of God and never cease to answer His call to love his creation.

~ Mark 2:17
No comments:
Post a Comment