
Looking back, I'm surprised at how well I actually turned out.

We all do odd things right?
I once told a girl named Cody that I had a horse because she said she had a horse and I was jealous.
I once told a girl named Cody that I had a horse because she said she had a horse and I was jealous.

As a child if I had been shown this picture I would have wanted to be the mouse instead of the butterfly like most little girls.

When I was about nine years old I was at the Canfield Fair watching a Big Cats show. The man doing the show asked if someone wanted to bottle feed the baby white tiger. Every kid's hand went up. I stood up and put both hands in the air. He picked me.
I still have the sticker that says "I touched the tiger".
I still have the sticker that says "I touched the tiger".

This is what our backyard was like. Full to the brim with our own personal secrets and fears.
Like risking the daddy long legs to swing on the rope swing.
Like risking the daddy long legs to swing on the rope swing.

"We all make mistakes in life, children." ~Lorraine
Turns out freedom ain't nothin' but missing you.
Turns out freedom ain't nothin' but missing you.

I schemed for months to get a date. From letting myself fall for a loser to requesting the help of a convicted felon. There is nothing too low for a desperate teenage girl looking for a prom date. In the end I found a date who wasn't gay, criminal, or completely hideous. He was just a seven month sabbatical from intelligence.

I used to think that after high school things like the dark, taxes, and relationships, leaving home, and being grown up wouldn't be scary any more. It still surprises me that every morning I wake up feeling ten years old, wanting momma to take care of everything.

I have the strangest daydreams.
There are times at school that I unashamedly put on my Gryffindor scarf and pretend I'm at Hogwarts.
There are times at school that I unashamedly put on my Gryffindor scarf and pretend I'm at Hogwarts.

I'm not quite that bad.
I don't seek out opportunities to eavesdrop.
Ah well.
"Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back."
I don't seek out opportunities to eavesdrop.
Ah well.
"Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back."

Let's talk about Eddie Izzard.
If you don't know who he is, go find out.
"That's where Hitler went wrong. He killed people next door. Ohhh stupid man. In a couple of years we won't stand for that will we?"
If you don't know who he is, go find out.
"That's where Hitler went wrong. He killed people next door. Ohhh stupid man. In a couple of years we won't stand for that will we?"

Continuing the trend of geekiness.
I am a huge fan of superhero, ninja, si-fi/ fantasy, and Asian films.
Is that surprising? It really shouldn't be.
I am a huge fan of superhero, ninja, si-fi/ fantasy, and Asian films.
Is that surprising? It really shouldn't be.

I have had a long-term love affair with animals.
I sit next to Stephen on the couch watching discovery channel and whimpering about how cute the alligator is and that I hope they aren't hurting it.
I get bit and stepped on by horses all summer. When people walk into those stables they say it smells, but I just want to drink it in.
I plan on having a pet duck.
Is that odd? Maybe to you.
Maybe you're wrong.
I sit next to Stephen on the couch watching discovery channel and whimpering about how cute the alligator is and that I hope they aren't hurting it.
I get bit and stepped on by horses all summer. When people walk into those stables they say it smells, but I just want to drink it in.
I plan on having a pet duck.
Is that odd? Maybe to you.
Maybe you're wrong.

Nooo.
I haven't found the answers, at least not all of them.
I might be odd, and do awkward things sometimes but I like how I've turned out.
Do people always appreciate me for who I am? Absolutely not.
Am I going to worry about that? Absolutely not.
I haven't found the answers, at least not all of them.
I might be odd, and do awkward things sometimes but I like how I've turned out.
Do people always appreciate me for who I am? Absolutely not.
Am I going to worry about that? Absolutely not.
No comments:
Post a Comment